Tuesday 8 May 2018

War story




The reason I wrote this story was because of one of my relatives, My great-grandfather recently passed away and he fought in world war two

 "Smash," The bomb shattered , Roaring and destroying everything in its path. I heard people screaming and babies crying. Glass shattered above me and I quickly followed my petrified parents  into the underground shelter." In here,"My father said. His voice was husky and slurred with fright. My parents shoved me in with all the war supplies and then told me to wait .As they left, I took a deep breath and soon was enclosed in darkness. My surroundings grew more and more creepy as shadows danced across the walls ,dancing and playing. I waited and waited but they never came back.

                                                         Years later

 Years later I climbed out of the wide cellar to find the wrecked remains of the town. The walls were in pieces, The windows were broken, Everything that I'd loved was in the cracked floorboards. I quickly darted out the door-frame. Nothing was safe from war. With my ears still ringing from the bombs and my stomach hungry from the scarce crumbs of the salvaged scraps of the food I'd survived on,I realised                                                    that I was the only survivor.



                                                      By Madeleine Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance Nz Made

Last Friday we went to Dance NZ Made competition at the regent.