Thursday 3 May 2018

Inter school swimming

                  

                                 Inter school swimming{backstroke}

Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! My heart was racing like never before. Suddenly I heard the loudspeaker go on  "year five girls backstroke please go to the end of the pool." I was terrified, like a mouse being chased by a cat. I knew there was no way out so I stood up and started making my way towards the end of the pool where there was a lady standing. . She made sure we knew that we had to touch the end of the pool with our hands other wise the person timing us wouldn't stop the timer. The horn blew for us to get in the pool and get ready, I accidentally did a belly flop which Mrs Bisset found pretty funny. I looked at the other girls racing me but suddenly HHHOOONNNKKK!!! The horn blew and suddenly it went from being not too loud to extremely loud. I could hear the other inter school swimmers cheering for us. I could definitely hear Hokowhitu. They where nearly the loudest, even though we had the least people. Then finally I felt the end of the pool and stood up. I thought I came last, but it turns out I actually came third. I was pretty happy that I came third because I had never ever done swimming lessons in my whole entire life. So thats my story of inter school swimming sports! 
By Grace     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance Nz Made

Last Friday we went to Dance NZ Made competition at the regent.